|Calla Lily and Cross: Easter Card|
Marianne Designs Cross Die LR0252
Dee’s Distinctively Leaf (used for Calla Lily) IME-076
Cheery Lynn Church Window Die (used for embossing) FRM143
Pearl Paper (light purple) 80110409
White Card stock (heavy and light weight)
Moss Green Card Stock
Starform Silver Line stickers #1004
Jeweled Brad (Joy Craft) 6030/0007
Double sided tape (3mm) BE03
2mm foam tabs
- Cut a piece of card stock 4 x 12” and fold in half.
- Create a silver frame around the card using the silver sticker lines. To create the perfect corner; overlap the sticker lines and then miter the corner( cut on a 45 degree angle through both of the sticker layers) with a hobby knife. Remove the excess sticker pieces.
- Die cut the cross from the light purple pearl paper.
- Place your embossing (rubber) mat on top of your cutting plate.
- Place the window die on top of (the front) of the white card in the area that you want the window. Place both items on top of the embossing mat. Add the appropriate plates to emboss the item. I use the "Press Boss," so there is only one plate to put on top and then adjust the rollers to #10.
- Emboss the window by rolling the above combo through you die cutting machine. Since you used the embossing mat then the die will not cut the cardstock but just emboss the design into the card.
- Attach a piece of purple ribbon as shown to the cross. You will need to fold over the ribbon in the center of the cross so that it will drape nicely over each arm of the cross. Pierce a hole through the ribbon and cross and then press the brad through both. Open up the brad on the back to secure the ribbon to the cross.
- Attach the cross to the card as desired, using 2mm foam tabs placed in the solid areas of the cross.
- Die cut 3 leaves from light-weight white card stock.
- Die cut one leaf from moss green heavy weight card stock.
- Cut 3 strips of heavy weight moss green card stock approximately 3/8” wide by 3-4” long.
- Cut the white leaves in half. The wider tip of the leaf will be the top of the calla lily. Taper the other end with your scissors. Use something to curve the leaf at the bottom. I used the handle from a paint small brush. This will make it easier to fold the edges of this end over each. When you are happy with the shape you have created open up the calla lily and place a piece of 3mm double sided tape in the middle of the lily and attach the stamen and the green strip to this tape. The stamen should show above the fold but the stem should not.
- Fold the two edges of the lily so that they overlap and adhere using the 3mm double-sided tape.
- Repeat the above 2 steps for the remaining 2 lilies.
- Arrange and attach to the card using the double-sided tape and foam tabs. I attached the lily flowers to the card with foam tabs and the stems with double-sided tape.
- Place a green leaf over the arrangement using double-sided tape.