I think anyone who makes cards always wants unique ideas for the men in their lives. Ecstasy Crafts has new embossing folders and this beautiful lighthouse lent itself perfectly to a masculine card. I used clear embossing ink and clear embossing powder over the anchor and the embossed parts of the white card to make both "shiny". It is difficult to see in the scanned image but adds a beautiful contrast. to the card.
|You are My Anchor|
|Inside of the card|
Lighthouse Embossing folder: ECF1006
Marianne Design: Anchor and starfish dies LR0232
Marianne Design Postcard frames: CR1223
Stampendous Clear embossing ink in a bottle applicator or other clear embossing ink
Hemp cord dark blue
Navy, white and red card stock
Double sided tape
Die cutting machine
- Cut a piece of navy card stock 10” x 7” and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of white card stock 4 ¾” x 6 ¾”.
- Emboss the white card stock using the lighthouse folder.
- Rub the clear embossing ink over the embossed parts of the white card.
- Sprinkle the embossing powder over the embossed parts, tap off and then heat with the heat gun to melt the embossing powder.
- Die cut the anchor from the blue card stock and 2 starfish from the white card stock.
- Rub the clear embossing ink over the anchor and the starfish.
- Sprinkle the embossing powder over the items and then heat to melt the embossing powder. You may wish to add another layer of clear embossing ink and embossing powder to add more gloss.
- Die cut a rectangle using the largest postcard die from the Marianne Postcard frames.
- Cut a piece of blue card stock approximately 1 5/8” x 2 ¼”, a piece of red card stock 1 3/8” x 2” and a piece of white card stock 1 1/8” x 1 ¾”.
- Attach the red rectangle on top of the blue rectangle using double-sided tape.
- Use 1.5 mm foam tabs small or cut the regular sized ones into small pieces. Attach the anchor to the white rectangle using these small foam tabs.
- Cut a piece of blue hemp cord or other twine to cover the front of the card and fold over the edges. Tie a knot in the twine or several knots as desired.
- Place several foam tabs or a piece of foam tape on each end of the ends of the white card stock, leaving the opening in the center to allow the twine to pass through.
- Place the twine on top of the red rectangle and then attach the white rectangle on top.
- Attach the anchor combination to the front of the card using double-sided tape.Stretch the blue hemp cord across the card and attach to the back of the white embossed card using double sided tape.
- Attach the white embossed design to the blue card using double-sided tape.
- Attach the white rectangle and starfish to the inside of the card as desired.